Welcome to The Millennium University
The Millennium University (TMU) was established in 2003 as a Private University under the Private University
Act, 1992 with a view to expand the scope of higher education in Bangladesh. The University is sponsored by
Khan Foundation, a non-political and non-profit philanthropic organization devoted to socio-economic
development in the country. The Millennium University is accredited by the University Grants Commission
(UGC) and approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh. The academic curricula of the
University are approved by UGC.
Vision / Goal
- To serve students who do not have access to other private or public universities.
- To impart high quality education in order to face 21st century challenges of globalization and
- To equip graduates to contribute to the nation's development / nation building efforts.
- Emphasis on quality of education.
- Opening of faculties on need basis following MOE and UGC guidelines.
- Recruitment of qualified teachers.
- Ensuring quality of students at admission.
- Link with several high standard international universities.